Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 01:01:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dev Chanchani <dev@wopr.inetu.net>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Waiting for reply...

Okay, I have been playing with the problem, it gets really _wierd_..

Lets say two files, works.gif and hang.gif.

myserver.com>I type telnet www.myserver.com 80
GET /graphics/hang.gif
<binary dump of file>

another_network.com>telnet www.myserver.com 80
GET /graphics/hang.gif
<server hangs>

So basically, any machine on our network can retrieve the file fine,
machines outside are network just cause the web server to hand..

BTW: works.gif will retrieve the file from my network and outside
networks. Even if I rename the files back and forth, the original hang.gif
(no matter waht the name) will not transfer if the request is outside our
network.

Now it gets wierd..
myserver.com> ftp myserver.com
login as me
put hang.gif
puts into my home directory fine

myserver.com> ftp anotherserver.com
login as my friend
put hang.gif
ftp just HANGS

this file will transfer between various machines in our network fine and
load into the browser, etc, but not outside our network.

Cannot ftp the file out either. other files (even with the same name) ftp
in and out fine.

The file has been republished through the graphics program, still will not
transfer.

Any ideas?
Dev