Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 03:17:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org (current)
Subject:   Re: SB16 & Current

Andreas S. Wetzel écrit / writes:

> The last thing I know of are some small tools simply called "play" and
> "record" which play/record sounds in wav file format directly from/to
> /dev/dsp. But I'm sorry I do not have the sources for these tools anymore,
> just the binaries.

	There  are (were?) two   programs included in the Voxware  package,
which where  SPLAY   and VPLAY (with   links  to SREC  and  SPLAY)  --  one
supercedes the other -- all I know is they play/record  in any format (WAV,
VOC, AU,  IFF) with several  command line  options (bits,  stereo,  length,
etc...).

							-- Phil

--
- [ regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net / +48.8N+2.3E / +33 1 4507 9391 / Sol 3 ] -