Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:34:15 -0400
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        jamie@dilbert.iagnet.net
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router

At 07:56 PM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> It depends what your doing. Ciscos dont to PPP well (although so
>> dont lots of other products), and also on your technical prowess. If
>
>Huh?
>
>We have about 150 T1 customers, probably 20 or more of them are PPP.
>The PPP connections are just as stable as the HDLC connections.
>We run them on AGS's and 7513s, both individual serial cards and
>channelized T3.. numbered and unnumbered.

As for *stabliity*, you've been lucky as they send out random bad
packets with echo enabled, theres no way to gracefully bring down
the link (ie issuing a term request) and the performance is off vs
hdlc with echo enabled.

Of course I was talking about 2501's (as the discussion here
certainly doesn't pertain to 7500 series routers), but I *assume*
that they are running the same protocol code on both. Maybe
not.

db