Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:31:00 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        John Cagle <jcagle@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual cpu question

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 05:39:46PM -0600, John Cagle wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@alameda.net> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 05:29:17PM +0200, Ivan Slavkov wrote:
>     > Hello all!
>     > Is there any software way to stop the second processor of two-processor
>     (two
>     > quad core Xeon) proliant server with FreeBSD  without romoving the
>     proceesor
>     > in real? I have dead-locks with the two processors even in 7.1 with the
>     new
>     > ULE schessuler. If I use one processor there are no problems.
>     >
>     > - Ivan
>
>     You should be able to disable a processor from the bios (F9 prompt).
>
>     --
>     Regards, Ulf.
>

> The ProLiant BIOS doesn't offer a processor disable option as far as I know.

Hmmm, the DL360 g5 I just checked indeed doesn't. Don't remember on
which server I last looked for it and it had it. Might have been an
older DL58x or a blade.

--
Regards, Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
You can find my resume at: http://www.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html