Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 1996 07:51:05 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman), sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CCITT support in current

> The files are still in the CVS tree so they can be re-inserted into the tree.
> certainly I think this was a REALLY BAD UNANIMOUS DSECISION!
> This ranks right up there with the things that caused the NetBSD split.
>
> I was never asked about it
> and I would certainly have argued against it..

Julian,

I know what your interest in this is, and I understand it.  On the other
hand, I can't see what difference it makes to you if the files are in
the attic.  We maintain them to the exact same level now as we did
before the decision:  Not at all.

If some group of people will 'fess up to this, and promise to maintain
it seriously, then I'm sure we will take it back into the source.

Until then: it's dead.
whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.