Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:59:18 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <shevlandj@kpi.com.au>
To:        "Ajay Jagannath" <ajaymj@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Java Pgm Hangs

Unsure, but you could perhaps look at upgrading to the 1.2.2b10 release =
to see if it helps.

I imagine the JVM is doing something like:

system_time - startval_of_socket_timeout

to work out the time elapsed, and when the system_time becomes < =
startval_of_socket_timeout it may underflow (e.g. 4 - 6 to produce -2 or =
a big number with an unsigned var) or something weird to cause a huge =
timeout value. I'm not sure if thats a binary release or if you can get =
at the source code to tweak...

Regards,
Joe