Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:14:47 -0700
From:      George Hartzell <hartzell@alerce.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_smbus_read_2: AE_ERROR 0x10 on a Mac Pro running -STABLE

Doug Barton writes:
 > George Hartzell wrote:
 >
 > > The top of the dmesg -v output seems to have scrolled out of the
 > > buffer.
 >
 > You may be able to find what you're looking for in
 > /var/run/dmesg.boot, or you could enable the console log facility in
 > syslog.conf.

dmesg.boot is also missing a lot of stuff off the top.  enabling
console.* in syslog.conf doesn't pick up anything until fairly late in
the boot process.

It looks like I can add a MSGBUF_SIZE option to my kernel config and
bump up the size of the buffer.  Don't know what the downside would be
if I make it too big, but I'll give it a try if it's useful.

Nate, is there info that you're missing up at the top of my verbose
dmesg output?

Is it odd that my mac pro (a workstation) is trying to talk to a smart
battery (I don't know that it has *any* battery...).

g.