Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:28:52 -0400
From:      Vinny <vinny-mail-01+f.questions20080309@palaceofretention.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How did references to libc.so.7 get in my 6.3 ports?

Vinny wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was trying to use portupgrade on totem and ran into a problem with
> references for libc.so.7 failing to resolve.  I have a libc.so.6, of
> course, seeing as libc.so.7 is for FreeBSD 7, isn't it?
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD the.pal...ofretention.ca 6.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE
> #0: Wed Jan 16 09:32:16 EST 2008
> root@the.pal...ofretention.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THE  i386

[snip]

Well, am I embarrassed.  I found an old setting in
pkgtools.conf that I set some time ago when I was experimenting
with something:

   PKG_SITES = [
     'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-stable/',
   ]

Since 7 is now stable, I get packages built on 7.  D'oh.
I'll just reset that to the default:

  pkg_site_mirror()

Another self-inflicted problem solved.  I just have to rebuild
all the affected ports manually.

Vinny