Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:36:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Poole <raj@cerias.purdue.edu>
To:        <hubs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: using loopback mounts...

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, jason andrade wrote:

> no.. i loopback mount an ISO, copy the data out to the place it should be
> and then rsync over the top to fix any oddities. then i unmount the ISO
> image.

Ahhhh, that makes a bit more sense. Can't say I really looked at it like
that. Don't have worries about how much data I am transferring here. It
probably indeed does make a bit more sense if you are charged by data
transferred.

> per ISO, this saves about 650M of downloaded traffic.  for a distro like
> redhat, that can be 3G.  for freebsd, less so.

nod.. I was reading the way he meant to use loopback as eliminating
files being stored twice, not to save data transfer.

> heh.. sorry, just a pine-ism.  everyone seems to do it.

If everyone was jumping off a bridge.. ;) It is just rather annoying to
get dupes (don't have a dupe filter in my procmail atm ;/).

-b