Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:29:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sam Magee <webadmin@adsight.com>
To:        Jack Wenger <info@bentreality.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting Up Web Hosting

> I'm considering setting up a web hosting only (no dial-up) service. Probably
> with a 56K or 64k line to start.
>
> For equipment, I think I need the following:
>
>         CSU/DSU
>         Router
>         Hub

If you start with a 56K line, you'll have to throw out the CSU/DSU
and router when you upgrade to a faster line.  Consider a 256K
frac T1 to start.

> How hard is it to get a class C set of IP numbers? Can I get these directly
> from the Internic? Or do I have to get them from my upstream provider?

You get the IP numbers from your provider, who has to route them
to you.  My provider gives out blocks of numbers which depend
on your need.  When I ran out they gave me another set.

-- Sam