Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:58:44 -0700
From:      "John M" <John1mick@cs.com>
To:        "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm@ispchannel.com>, <SoftGuitar@aol.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Newbies - an answer to

Jesse,

I am new to BSD, too, and I agree with what Mark had to say.  Be as specific
as you can with questions.  Everyone is super busy and wants to answer a
question but may not have a chance to ask for clarification.  Also, post
messages in plain text with wrapping at 72 chars.  I have learned a lot by
subscribing to the list and reading each message.  The responses go in
waves; some of my questions go unanswered for a while, and others get
answered right away.  I think it depends on how busy everyone is.

There is a wealth of info around; the info in the online Handbook didn't
start to sink in until the second or third reading.   Search the FAQ on the
Web site, too.

John