Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:08:01 -0800
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        uqs@spoerlein.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: libkvm: consumers of kvm_getprocs for non-live kernels?

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:55:45 +0100
Ulrich Sp=C3=B6rlein <uqs@spoerlein.net> mentioned:
>=20
> > Stas has ongoing work on a libprocstat, you might want to give him a pi=
ng.=20
> > I'm not sure if he plans to refactor some of those existing tools to us=
e that=20
> > library or not, but crashdump support is a key goal of it.
>=20
> Thanks for the hint, stas CC'ed and reply-to set.
>=20

Yes, the idea was to refactor all base tools
to use libprocstat as well.  So far only
procstat(8), fuser and fstat have been converted to use new functionality, =
so they are able to operate both on coredumps and on the live system.
We still need to commit the libprocstat itself,
though.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE