Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 1996 05:32:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman), sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CCITT support in current

> I was never asked about it
> and I would certainly have argued against it..

Perhaps the methodology could have been improved, I agree, but I can
tell you that even if you'd argued passionately against it, you'd have
been voted down by a substantial margin and the end result would have
been exactly the same.  This code has been festering for a long time
and something drastic needed to be done.

And hey, it's already brought one user out of the woodwork, and that's
a 100% improvement over the state of affairs we've had for the
previous 2 years!  Sometimes you can beg piteously and for hours for
someone to adopt a stray puppy you have in a box, and no matter how
cute and furry it is, people will walk by like you don't exist.  Pull
out a .45 and hold it to the puppy's head, threatening to pull the
trigger if somebody doesn't adopt it, and you'll find that somebody
adopts it real quick.  That's was pretty much the situation with the
ccitt stuff.

						Jordan