Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 10:20:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at (DI. Christian Gusenbauer)
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

As DI. Christian Gusenbauer wrote:

> > method to automatically generate the header files out of the genuine
> > headers, so they can't disagree.  It would be even better if we could
>
> Yeah, that would be fine ;-)

Well, is it more than just the LF -> CRLF conversion?  This one should
be fairly simple.

> I tried to port fbsdboot to bcc a year ago. Unfortunately, bcc doesn't
> understand inline assembler statements (AFAIR) and I'm not very familar
> with the unix assembler. Does bcc support 32bit pointers/addresses (like
> the 'far' masm statement)?

bcc ain't a DOS compiler.  However, you can at least generate .com
files with it using a little dd(1) trickery.  See the pcemu port for
how this can be done.

Of course, you can also stuff the asm source into separate object
modules if you don't prefer Bruce's inline asm suggestions.

--
cheers, J"org