Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/18520: kbdcontrol manpage incomplete

The following reply was made to PR docs/18520; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>
To: Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:18:28 +0100 (BST)

 > What sort of text do you think is needed?  I don't really know enough
 > about USB and stuff to see exactly what you mean.  I assume that command
 > will mean that the USB keyboard acts as the console keyboard from that
 > point forward?  How do you change it back?

 By using the same command again. A slightly modified / corected version
 of the text you suggested below:

 	To change the default console keyboard to the another
 	keyboard, for example the first USB keyboard (see ukbd(4)), use
 	the following commands:

 		kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1 < /dev/console

 	To switch back to the default keyboard, use

 		kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd0

 > The ukbd(4) manpage seems to have a bit more about this, so I explicitly
 > added a reference to it there rather than expecting people to find it in
 > the SEE ALSO bit.

 Yes, that is a good idea.

 Thanks,

 Nick