Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:41:00 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Quakeworld and FreeBSD

In the last episode (Nov 22), Dean Hollister said:
> On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Dan Nelson wrote:
> > The easiest way is to install Quake on a windows machine, then copy
> > it to your unix box.  Then put the qwsv BSD/OS binary in the quake
> > directory.  If you decide to compile your own QuakeC qwprogs.dat,
> > it goes in quake/qw/qwprogs.dat.
> >
> > For more QW server-related information, go to www.quakeworld.net,
> > and hit the "QuakeWorld" link in the top frame.  It'll explain how
> > to set up your server.cfg file and tell you what master servers you
> > can register with.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. Here's the error I'm getting, upon trying
> to start the server:
>
> Can't find gfx/pop.lmp
> Can't find maps/goober02.bsp
> Can't find maps/start.bsp

gfx/pop.lmp is in the pak1.pak file on the registered quake CD.  It
stands for "Proof of Purchase" I believe :)

Your directory tree should look like this:

./qwsv
./id1/pak0.pak
./id1/pak1.pak
./game1/qwprogs.dat
./game1/server.cfg
./game1/pak0.pak
./game1/maps/goober02.bsp

...if you ran qwsv with a "+gamedir game1" parameter.  Files specific to
a particular game mod all go in the "game1" subdirectory tree.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com