Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:42:43 +0200
From:      gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why don't I get the tutorials with the DOC distribution?

Hi,

I just tried to re-install the DOC distribution using
/stand/sysinstall and recognized that (for example in the English
language case) the parts I got were /usr/share/doc/en/articles and
/usr/share/doc/en/books but the one that I wanted,
/usr/share/doc/en/tutorials, was missing.

Well, I started to reread the HTML version of docproj-primer online
from FreeBSD.org but my eyes began to hurt and I said to myself: "Why
don't you just get the post script version, send it to the printer and
stop causing pain to your already weak eyes, anymore?"...

Now, I am somewhat frustrated, because I haven't been successful even
with that simple task.  I would be glad if someone could explain me
the "usual" way to get the tutorials.  I would also like know, if it
is possible to get other formats than HTML and plain text out of the
DOC distribution using /stand/sysinstall.

(I did not mention that I tried it on machines running 3.4-RELEASE and
 4.0-RELEASE, because I guess I am missing something that is not
 release specific.)

Dirk