Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:06:38 +1000
From:      Andy <andy@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        Open Office Questions <openoffice@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installation on  4.9-STABLE

Martin Blapp wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>New ! MD5 (openoffice-1.1.0_1 <http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/stable/openoffice-1.1.0_1.tgz>) = 984c0d83951912c14339c84c24d2e75d (80.37 MB) (for Freebsd 4x)
>>
>>However, I am still getting the same error which is
>>
>>The Following Internal Error has occoured: Get Storage Name:
>>'file ///usr/home/andy/OpenOffice.org1.1.10/usr/config/soffice.cfg' an
>>error
>>occoured during file opening
>>

>How do you start OO ? You don't use the wrapper, do you ?
>
>Martin

Hi Martin

hrmmmz I'm not sure (sorry my inexperience showing here, been moving
from a windows env) I installed the program via the setup icon that
appears in the folder when extracting the tgz file. The command I have
been trying to use is openoffice -writer (or calc etc). It starts to
open - I get the splash screen etc, the I get the abovementioned error
and it fails Installing form pkg_add -r or from the ports didn't work,
but the past few emails to this forum explained that.(tired that install
when the setup icon install didn't work) When I used the setup icon, OOo
went through the installaton as usual, and completed with no errors.
Just wouldn't work when I tried to use it. Please let me know if I can
supply further informaton for diagnosis

Thank You for your help
Andrew Kozak