Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 1996 15:08:45 +0000
From:      Sandy Kovshov <sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CCITT support in current

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Because nobody was supporting it!
>
> I'll make you an offer, however.  I'll happily send you a 2.1 or 2.0.5
> (or however far back you'd like to go, really!) CD containing the
> CCITT stuff and you can hack it back into your copy of -current and
> make it compile / function as it's supposed to.  Then, assuming that
> you're willing to become Mr. CCITT Protocols Person, it can be merged
> into -current but this time as SUPPORTED CODE, that is supported by
> you (all code has to be supported by *somebody*, after all, and none
> of us use the CCITT stuff!).
>
>                                         Jordan

 As I pointed in previous letter, I'll use this code in any case
 because some of our X400 sites runs on FreeBSD. I was surprised
 when found what CCITT code was deleted from source tree and nobody
 use it already. If you think what this code is undiserable in
 -current - "let it be". If you wants, I can send you patches or
 complette source of netccitt when I clean up it.

--
---
Sandy