Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 10:45:36 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Martin Dieringer <dieringe@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another Patchset 8 report

Martin Dieringer wrote:
> Hi,
> Patchset 8 is great. It's really beginning to work at 16bpp.
> None of the demo applets dumps core any more.

Good to hear :)

> Some funny things still happen though:
>
> The Animator applet ex. 1 and 3 don't display anything when started
> locally
> (from nfs), but work when viewed remotely. On the local version the Image
> appears on places where another window is dragged over it. Same for
> MoleculeViewer, JumpingBox etc. (display of Images)
>
> [NervousText is very slow (on local display)]
>
> "Start: applet not initialized" is displayed always, even when everything
> is
> working fine.

Yep, I'm not entirely happy with appletviewer at the moment.

> sound still doesn't work

A general comment on sound.  It reportedly worked in patchset 6 and didn't
work in patchset 7.  Anyone interested in fixing this just needs to do the
grunt work of finding out what change broke things.  I'll look into this
eventually, but first I need to get the sound card in this machine working
(and its a server, so I can't just reboot it anytime I please).

> jfc/SwingSet is working completely (remote display of course)

Thanks for the report Martin!

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083