Date:      13 Mar 2002 20:26:17 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11 required for Document Project?

Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org> writes:

> "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> > The full list of packages needed by docproj (minus jadetex and its
> > dependencies) is in /usr/src/release/Makefile.inc.docports.
>                ^^^^
> I think you mean "should be in".  For example, python isn't listed.
> This file is a good idea, but it gets out of date despite our best
> efforts.

In case anyone doesn't know about "pkg_tree" or "portupgrade -nR":

    pkg_tree -v docproj | grep -v docproj | tr -d '|\\_ ' | sort -u

gives a list of dependencies.  (I wouldn't think "-v" should be needed,
but without it, XFree86 and python were omitted.)

I notice several differences on my STABLE-05-mar system:

Only Makefile.inc.docport has
    Mk
    unzip
    gettext
    gmake
    libtool
    ghostscript-gnu
    docbook

while only pkg_tree (on my sys about 05'mar) gives
    XFree86
    XFree86-libraries
    docbook
    ghostscript-afpl  **probably my fault
    imake
    jade
    python
    xhtml

Then I tried "portupgrade -nR":

Only Makefile.inc.docport has
    Mk
    unzip
    gettext
    gmake
    libtool
    ghostscript-gnu

while only "portupgrade -nR" (on my sys about 05'mar) gives
    imake-4
    ghostscript-afpl
    jade
    xhtml
    XFree86-4-libraries

I think my ports are in good shape (but a week old).