Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:10:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Subject:   Re: Newbie 3 questions.

    > The reverse of "async" is "noasync", not "sync" I believe.
I believe you. One is never to young/dumb to learn.

    > Some of us have been using "async" mounts for years (including John Dyson)
    > without losing anything. Before switching to softupdates, everything on my
    > disks except /, /usr and /var were "async"...
    >
    > So YMMV :-)

1st) I live in Italy and 2 people live in one house that is restricted
to one kilowatt. Why ? I don't know. I do know where the fuses are
however.

2nd) I do kernel programming :-) My makefile ends with a sync and does a
sync every other command. Paranoid is the word I believe.

Nick