Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 1997 05:05:32 -0500
From:      "Rick Morel" <rmorel@morelr.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT4.0 SP3 and Samba

At 08:25 AM 6/13/97 +0100, Scot Elliott wrote:
>Hi... I've just installed service pack 3 on my NT4 workstation, and
>suddenly I can't use any of my FreeBSD Samba shares.  They work fine on
>version before sp3.   The error NT gives is 'Account is not allowed
>access from this host' or some such similarity.
>
>Seeing as I haven't changed my Samba setup, I would assume this is an NT
>bug?  Anyone got any ideas?

I ran into the same thing. With SP3, Samba has to be in the same workgroup
or domain to access via Network Neighborhood. You can still map it as a
network drive, however.

I added "workgroup = MOREL" under "Global" in "smb.conf" (MOREL is my
domain). Samba defaults to a workgroup of "WORKGROUP".

There has to be a way around this, unless MS decided that one shouldn't be
able to browse outside of one's workgroup?

Rick Morel

*   Rick Morel                   *   #   #  #   ###    ###   *
*   Morel Research, Ltd.         *   # #    #  #      #      *
*   New Iberia, LA               *   #      #    #     #     *
* http://www.morelr.com          *   #   #  #   ###   ###    *
*   rmorel@morelr.com            *                           *
*                                *   Keep It Simple Stupid!  *