Date:      Sun, 01 Aug 1999 22:44:50 -0500
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD lightness: Free/Net/Open

Phil Regnauld wrote:

> Francisco Reyes writes:
> >
> > Fit where?
> > These computers will have a HD.
>
>         Ok.
>
> > That is interesting to know it would run on 8MB.
> > How do you boot? Floppy?
>
>         floppy with netboot (for the 10mbps cards).

Never underestimate the ability to netboot. One of these days I'm going
to figure out the installation floppy and make a netbootable one. I
still ended up trashing the machine last time, but it was cool just to
get it to boot from the network. NIS is next....

I _do_ like the silent PC option. No fans to fail, 0% downtime possible.

--
Kris Kirby
<kris@airnet.net>