Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:29:42 -0800
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        Kevin.Lyons@kvaerner.com
Cc:        des@ofug.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Historical /usr/local

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

/usr/sbin/named is indeed thrid party but it's part of the base system
and maintained by the freebsd developers.  In this case 'maintained'
means importing/mergeing new versions of bind/named into the FreeBSD
src tree. You'll notice that thrid party apps that are in the base
system are in a different part of the src tree (/usr/src/contrib).

See hier(7) for info on what the different parts of the layout are for.=20

-Bill

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 12:08:33AM -0000, Kevin.Lyons@kvaerner.com wrote:
> OK.  /usr/sbin/named would be third-party.  a "developed locally" example=
 is
> a system adminstrator who writes a utility for his machine and should put=
 it
> there?=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
-=3D| Bill Swingle - <unfurl@(dub.net|freebsd.org)>
-=3D| Every message PGP signed
-=3D| Fingerprint: C1E3 49D1 EFC9 3EE0 EA6E  6414 5200 1C95 8E09 0223
-=3D| "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers" Pablo Picasso=
=20

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--