Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 19:39:10 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Jack Wenger <info@bentreality.com>, FreeBSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting Up Web Hosting

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Stephen Roome wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Jack Wenger wrote:
>
> > We got a RISCOM WANic for this, nice board, plugs straight in and works a
> > treat, don't get the ISA version, it just didn't work well for us.
> >

> > Our router is a P133 running 3.0-970209-SNAP, runs like a dream with the
> > WANic card and an Intel EtherExpress (don't get one though) get a DEC
> > 21x40A/C based card or whatever if you can.
>
> where do I getinfo on tehWANic card?

SDL or some supplier, I bought direct from SDL.

yes, they (SDL) are at: http://www.sdlcomm.com

> are there BSD drivers for it?
yes, man 4 sr
you might need a newish release.

> etc etc.
>
> from what you say it is a csu/dsu too?
Nope, that was me being dim, sorry about that, you need a separate one.
some standard mux will do, just check it will handle high speeds.
I'm using a Micromux sp-1ra which converts from G703 to X.21,
you really need to know what format your cabling company will supply you
with before you can buy this. If they can, get them to supply your line
to you as an X.21 connector. Some folks do this and then you don't need a
CSU/DSU.

--
Steve Roome
Technical Systems Manager, Vision Interactive Ltd.