Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:10:31 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Renat <renat@ksk-market.com.ua>
To:        Tony Jago <T.Jago@prentice.uq.edu.au>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PSM problem... [ intel motherboard and silo problems ]

I'd simply commented out some pieces of code in psm.c and now it works on
AL440LX

CPU: Pentium II (299.94-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x634  Stepping=4

Features=0x80fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMO
V,MMX>
real memory  = 268435456 (262144K bytes)
avail memory = 260440064 (254336K bytes)
DEVFS: ready for devices
Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
chip0 <generic PCI bridge (vendor=8086 device=7180 subclass=0)> rev 3 on
pci0:0:
0
chip1 <generic PCI bridge (vendor=8086 device=7181 subclass=4)> rev 3 on
pci0:1:
0
ahc0 <Adaptec aic7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter> rev 1 int a irq 5 on
pci0:11:0
ahc0: Using left over BIOS settings
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
(ahc0:0:0): "WDIGTL WDE9100 1.30" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
sd0(ahc0:0:0): Direct-Access 8683MB (17783204 512 byte sectors)
sd0(ahc0:0:0): with 6932 cyls, 12 heads, and an average 213 sectors/track

lpt0 at 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
lp0: TCP/IP capable interface
psm0 at 0x60-0x64 irq 12 on motherboard
psm0: model GlidePoint, device ID 0
sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A

----------------------x-----------------------x----------

*** psm.c	Thu Jul 16 14:45:03 1998
--- /sys/i386/isa/psm.c	Wed Jul 15 20:27:35 1998
***************
*** 597,603 ****
      if (!reset_aux_dev(kbdc)) {
          recover_from_error(kbdc);
          log(LOG_ERR, "psm%d: failed to reset the aux device.\n", unit);
!         return FALSE;
      }

      /*
--- 597,604 ----
      if (!reset_aux_dev(kbdc)) {
          recover_from_error(kbdc);
          log(LOG_ERR, "psm%d: failed to reset the aux device.\n", unit);
! /* renat */
!         /* return FALSE; */
      }

      /*
***************
*** 830,835 ****
--- 831,838 ----
       * NOTE: some controllers appears to hang the `keyboard' when the aux
       * port doesn't exist and `PSMC_RESET_DEV' is issued.
       */
+ /* renat */
+ /*
      if (!reset_aux_dev(sc->kbdc)) {
          recover_from_error(sc->kbdc);
          restore_controller(sc->kbdc, command_byte);
***************
*** 837,842 ****
--- 840,846 ----
              printf("psm%d: failed to reset the aux device.\n", unit);
          endprobe(0);
      }
+ */
      /*
       * both the aux port and the aux device is functioning, see if the
       * device can be enabled. NOTE: when enabled, the device will start

renat