Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:08:29 -0500
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sprint or MCI ??

>> I would have to second this opinion.  We also switched from UUNet to Sprint
>> and have been happy ever since.
>
>I'm surprised at the dissatisfaction with UUnet... While I don't like their
>attitude towards reselling, their service has always been impeccable.

We had decent service with the connection (not great, but not bad).  Their
customer service was absolute crap though.  I would call with a problem or
question, my sales rep would never (and I mean NEVER) return my calls, and
if I got someone on the phone (billing or tech support) they would tell me
that I had to talk to my sales rep.  I left voice mail after voice mail and
it was never returned.  Finally a month after we had a problem with our
bill, I got email from my sales rep asking if we had gotten the problem
taken care of.

Too little  too late.

I don't know what the problem was, I had dealt with this sales rep for
about 2 years before this without problems and had sent several customers
to them, but when I started an ISP they just acted like they didn't want to
deal with me.

Sprint has been like a dream compared to the nightmare we had with UUNet
(now known as ScrewUNet around the office here).

Darrin R. Woods                  | "I'm so happy that I, can't stop crying."
Director Operations              |
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.         | work:   http://www.netgazer.net
Dallas, Texas   972.702.9119     | home:   http://www.intosh.com

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say