Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 20:25:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jonathan Mini <mini@momentum.nike.efn.org>
To:        Joe Diehl <joed@telecom.ksu.edu>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bochs (386 emulation)

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Joe Diehl wrote:
>    KBD: unsupported int 16h function 92h
>    KBD: controller passed byte f2h to keyboard
>    KBD: indentify keyboard command received
>    int15h: default handler encounters CF=0

What's going on here is that somebody tried installing a custom keymap
translator. (such as the DOS dvorak driver) but then returned a result to
the standard controller that says "this is an invalid key" or a similar
response.

>    KBD: controller passed byte f2h to keyboard

Scan code f2h is not a valid key... and also, it isn't a valid status
control code either.

>    KBD: indentify keyboard command received

doesn't seem to like keyboard identify commands?

>    vga_update(): updated=0 enabled=1
>    vga_update(): updated=0 enabled=1
>    vga_update(): updated=0 enabled=1

These look fine to me, I don't think it's an error.. just a message.

>    int10h: f 1A, sf 0: returning hardcoded result

Ok: Int 10, AH = 1A is "AT BIOS Video Services", "Display Combination"
My documentatino mentions it as supported on the PS, VGA, and MCGA BIOS's.
What's going on is Microsoft is trying to figure out if you want color or
mono by detecting what type of monitor you have.

>    unsupported IO read from port 56e0
>    unsupported IO read from port aae0
>    unsupported IO read from port e2e0
>    unsupported IO read from port 1ee0

These ports aren't anything I know of. Possibly a hardware probe for some
card?

>    int10h: f 12h: sf 34h
>    bochs: panic, int10h: f 12h: subf BL=34h

Int 10, AH = 12, BL = 34 : "AT BIOS video Services", "Alternate Function
Select - Cursor Emulation." listed as supported under the VGA BIOS.
it Enables/Disables alphanumeric cursor emulation. I think they are trying
to turn the cursor off.

>    real mode
>    CS.d_b = 16 bit
>      current operand size = 16
>      current address size = 16
>    SS.d_b = 16 bit

=) more messages, not error it looks like.

				Jonathan Mini (mini@momentum.nike.efn.org)
						   Sent from home machine.