Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:16:02 -0500
From:      "Michael E. Mercer" <mmercer@nc.rr.com>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        Rob <robert@namodn.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDPA

Hello all,

It is a little bit more involved than that! adding the jpda.jar to your
classpath enables
JBuilder to load up and run, BUT you can NOT actually debug anything. The reason

is there are a couple of shared libraries that need to be loaded... however all
you have
access to is the linux binaries. The linux shared libraries will kill in your
native JVM.

I got the source code from version 1.3, but it was not easy getting everything
compiled.
Once I got it to compile, I installed it and gave it a try... well everything
died. After that
I gave up.

As far as the source code goes, I could not find the jpda code in linux version
1.2 and
it specifically says it comes only in Linux 1.2.2 and version 1.3 code.

Hope I did not confuse everyone...

later
Michael Mercer