Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:38:00 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 CD-ROM : Package dependencies up the creek ?

> Okay...I'm installing 2.2.6 right now and I'm at the "Package Selection"
> menu.  Strange, I see no way to read the README.TXT file for any of these
> packages.  No, I haven't yet completed the installation.  Yes, I'm
> installing packages as part of the base install and there is no README to
> RTFR on :)

Bah, don't be deliberately obtuse. :-)

If you're running /stand/sysinstall by hand then you obviously know
enough to mount the CD and peruse its contents directly as well.  If
you're actually installing the CD, then you can flip over to the
Emergency Holographic Shell at the first sign of trouble and say
"Hmmm, I wonder if this behavior is documented anywhere", that
hopefully leading you to the /dist/README file also. :-)

And no, for the record, I don't consider this ideal and if you want a
long and painful explanation on the whole subject then please look
through Dejanews or something since I recently covered the subject in
great detail over in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc. :)

- Jordan