Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:38:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Status of Branding

It seems the branding discussion was getting settled when the Halloween
thingy struck. I guess I will have to see what all the ruckus is about.

As I lurked from afar I saw TWO brands develop: "Works with" and
"Designed for". I proposed several different names but that thread died an
early death.

	Subliminal Hint: I like "100% FreeBSD Compatible" for the top
	honor. It is very assertive. I like "Works with FreeBSD" as it
	means what it says.

I also saw some discussion about "up and coming" software distinction to
be provided on a local level but not distributed to the world at large.
What became of this?

Have the names been set? If not, then let's pick them.

Has anyone committed to committing our current _plan_ into a less
morphable HTML format? I could do that this weekend if no one else has
stepped up. The one thing I can actually do is write. :) I did read just
about everything that came out of that thread so I think I could meld all
of the ideas forwarded into a reasonably close document.

Do we have an artist working on logo's yet? Have we seen any nice logo's
yet?

Eventually, we have to move from pure brainstorming to Rev. 1.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/