Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:56:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failed

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> : The other suggestion I have is to rename UPDATING to UPGRADING.
>
> Find someone else to do that.  I won't.
>
> Geeze, a guy tries to put all the arcania into one place and he gets
> flamed, directly and indirectly, for the efforts.  It makes me want to
> never UPDATING ever again and making people can just cope with that.

Whether you think I flamed[1] you directly or indirectly doesn't matter.
It was a suggestion; opinions are welcome, yours more so.

The idea was to more clearly convey the fact that this file is related to
upgrading your system and should be read, even though you should at least
glance into all the files in src/[A-Z]*

Perhaps if we put some giant ascii lettering in there...  :) :)

> Warner

[1] This is the first time anybody has accused me of this!  I knew I
should not have jumped into this thread...

--

 :{ andyf@speednet.com.au

        Andy Farkas
    System Administrator