Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:57:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@scms.utmb.EDU>
To:        Pete Mckenna <pmckenna@uswest.net>
Cc:        Tristan <trisa@clara.net>, small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your builds

Pete Mckenna writes:
 > I'm using an older version of pico I've hacked to be a single floppy nfs
 > auto install.
 > I put a number of install.cfg files into the MFS during pico's build and
 > can then build any of several predetermined configs at boot. The idea
 > was fast builds of a several types of servers with little to no human
 > intervention. I've been meaning to write up how it works, if anyone is
 > interested I can do so.
 >
 > Pete

YES!  Please do so!  I want to set up a compute cluster and use
this method for installs and reinstalls, so any experience along
these lines is of great interest to me.  Someone else posted a
solution (here?) several days ago, but the more experience and
code we have exposed on the lists or at published urls, the
better off we will be, IMHO.

Bud Dodson

[elided]

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790