Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 09:19:48 -36000
From:      "Allen D. Harpham" <aharpham@cnweb.com>
To:        Hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: adduser problem

Hi All,

I have a client that is having the following problem:

A person logs in as say user1  when they do a whoami it says thay are user2
(user2 is another person on the system and doesn't notice any problems).
When user1 sends a message the return address is user2@hastings.edu.  This
is a permanent situation until I delete user1 from the system and recreate him.
I assume that there might be a glich in the adduser program.

Has anyone seen this problem, if so, how did you resolve it?

Everything on the system appears to be running normally.  The system is
running FreeBSD 2.0.

Thanks in advance, Allen

Allen D. Harpham, President   |     Voice:   (402)462-4619
Computer Consultants of       |     Fax:     (402)462-4670
Hastings, Inc.                |     E-mail:  aharpham@nebland.cnweb.com
1126 N. Briggs Ave.           |     HTTP:    http://www.cnweb.com/index.com