Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 1996 14:40:49 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert), phk@critter.tfs.com, julian@ref.tfs.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FS PATCHES: THE NEXT GENERATION

> And you could "save" the current settings to the database in an
> "rc.shutdown" or some similar method.

I don't care where it lives, just so long as it's transparent and
I don't have to learn about the secret life of Yet Another Etc File.

> The point is, that this is a solvable problem, and you don't need to
> delay devfs deployment until after it is solved just because someone

Terry, I'm wondering if you've gone blind here again or something
because I've said *several* times that there's NO PROBLEM WITH
DEPLOYING IT RIGHT NOW, JUST DON'T MAKE IT FRIGGIN' *MANDATORY* YET
UNTIL IT'S FIXED!

I'm hoping that capital letters will penetrate your cranium since no
other forms of explanation seem to have succeeded so far! :-)

						Jordan