Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:05:54 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Thomas M. Sommers" <tms2@mail.ptd.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New User's Handbook Revisited

On Sat, 08 Jul 2000 at 00:00:37 -0400, Thomas M. Sommers wrote:
> Jim Mock wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I got a bunch of feedback from my last post about the New User's
> > Handbook, I took some (well, most) of your suggestions and have
> > just build the newest version of it.  The source is available at
> > http://soupnazi.org/~jim/FreeBSD/newuser.tgz, and the HTML output
> > is available at http://soupnazi.org/~jim/FreeBSD/newuser-handbook/.
> >
> > I have the UNIX Basics stuff in <![ IGNORE [...]]> tags for now so
> > it's not built.  If it's decided that it should be kept out of this
> > book and put into it's own, I'll remove the entire chunk before I
> > commit it.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> The first line of chapter 3 refers to the goals section, which has
> been moved to chapter 1.

Whoops, fixed.

> The links in chapter 5 to the handbook and faq don't work on my
> system.  Perhaps I installed things wrong, but they are in
> /usr/share/doc/en/books, not /usr/share/doc; and `faq' is in lower
> case.

The actual links were wrong, but the locations are correct (at least,
installing the docs through sysinstall).  They should be
/usr/share/doc/handbook/index.html and /usr/share/doc/faq/index.html,
which I've changed them to.

> In chapter 6, do you want to include these links:
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/bsd/
> http://www.bsdtoday.com/

Done.

- jim

--
/* jim mock - berkeley software design, inc - open source division */
/* documentation manager - jim@FreeBSD.org - jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com */