Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:21:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        c.raven@ukonline.co.uk (Christopher Raven)
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Did you see?

> While browsing for some info I found this (assuming it was lost):
>
> http://www.lexmark.com/networking/NSTL.html#_Toc390767648
>

> There were two machines used in their test, one was NT ~ the other was
> FreeBSD. Can this be spun any way for advocacy? Admittedly it was in
> June '97.

> Quote:
> Server used for all NetWare network adapter tests: Intel Pentium Pro
> 200 System (Windows NT 4.0/NetWare 4.1 dual boot)
>
> Host used for TCP/IP network adapter tests: Intel Pentium Pro 200
> System (FreeBSD OS)
> Or is this all old hat?

Actually, Lexmark is using FreeBSD internally as part of their
Windows software development network.  They use FreeBSD
to download Windows images on to various machines
for software testing and for use as a backup-catching machine
for Windows boxes.

> --
> Christopher Raven
> E-mail: c.raven@ukonline.co.uk & ICQ: 2254369

There's also some information on this at Usenix's web site under
last year's SAGE symposium.

Bill