Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 1995 02:50:27 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: A German version of Walnut Creek's FreeBSD 2.1 CD

> Agreed.  I don't have a problem with supplying WWW services, but
> bearing in mind that we're talking about the short term, I don't think
> that there's any point in taking too much trouble to include it as a
> standard installation aid.

I'm sorry?  I never implied (at least I don't think I did) that this
had anything directly to do with the installation.  As far as the
installation is concerned, I need only the sections referenced in the
"boothelp.sgml version" of the handbook translated - the rest can roll
on at whatever pace the translators feel comfortable with.

Also, I would like to stress that the boothelp version is only a first
draft that John knocked out for me.  I haven't had the chance to
properly review it yet and turn out a reasonable *english* one, so
it's probably not time to start translating just yet.  I'd be happy
if the translation team simply got itself put back together again!

						Jordan