Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:08:02 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OHCI 1.2

At Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:56:26 +0900,
Katsushi Kobayashi wrote:

> What chipset is your target ?
>
> I am not sure whether OHCI2.0 is ready or not.
>
> For example, TI's 1394b link layer controller (TSB82AA2) has some
> special
> registers the extension of OHCI1.1. TI called it as OHCI1.1+.
>
> Thanks,

Yes, the target is TSB82AA2. The OHCI1.2 is listed as reference in its
datasheet(1.3 Related Documents). It seems that there are some
extenstions(*1) in stream packet format in OHCI1.1+/1.2 rather than
registers. As you know, OHCI packet format is somewhat different from
1394 packet format.

Do you have any information about difference between 1.1 and 1.1+ or
1.2?

(*) I observed some strange behavior if we don't fill reserved field
with zero.

> On 2003.Aug.20, at 12:37  AM, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can get the 1394 OHCI 1.2 specification?
> >
> > 1394b chips seems to use some fields reserved in OHCI1.1.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html