Date:      Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:55:56 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?0JDQvdGC0L7QvSDQmtC70LXRgdGB?= <rc5hack@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get /dev/smb* ?

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:44:39 +0400, Антон Клесс wrote:

> > mbmon is very old.  I've never gotten it to work on any machine I've
> > every tried it on.
> >
> > Does your boot time output show anything smb-related at all, such as
> > maybe "smbios0: <System Management BIOS> at ..."?  It's possible that
> > your machine simply has no support for this.
> >

> # dmesg -a |grep smb
>
> - returns nothing.
>
> Does it means that it is no way to read temperature sensors on motherboard?

I don't have a smb device in dmesg listed. But I have
those in the kernel configuration:

	# System management bus
	device          smbus
	device          iicbus
	device          iicsmb
	device          iicbb
	device          iic

So I can read temperature values using xmbmon. With
the mbmon program, it should work similarly. OS is
8.2-STABLE on x86 here.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany