Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 18:13:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Watson <scanner@webspan.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   BGP on a cisco 2500 series

I saw this topic discussed briefly on one of the lists.
I didnt pay much attention till now. My boss wants to go multihomed and
run BGP. We have a 2501 cisco router, and i'm pretty confident theres no
way on gods green earth we can do it on a 2501. both serials are used.
And i dont think it has the ability to hold a full routing table?
So im thinking of a 4000 series.
But i need some evidence so to speak to tell the suits why the 2501 is not
a good choice.
Also can anyone recomend a good 4000 series router? to replace our 2501
with?

Thanks for the info.

Chris

--

===================================| Webspan Inc., ISP Division.
  FreeBSD 2.1.0 is available now!  | Phone: 908-367-8030 ext. 126