Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:05:59 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Coronations (was: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars calendar.history)

On Monday,  2 August 1999 at  7:49:55 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> * Greg Lehey (grog@lemis.com) [990802 04:13]:
>> On Sunday,  1 August 1999 at 12:54:02 -0700, Nik Clayton wrote:
>>> nik         1999/08/01 12:54:02 PDT
>>>
>>>   Modified files:
>>>     usr.bin/calendar/calendars calendar.history
>>>   Log:
>>>   Richard the Lionheart was crowned on 3rd September 1189, not the 27th
>>>   February.
>>
>> I'm glad to see we're finally getting the serious bugs out.
>
> Nik did do better research then some of us do or did.
>
> [like my fantastic crashdump and no debugging kernel =P]
>
> Anyways, 't was fun to read ;)

Definitely.  Of course, this has meant that I have had to follow it up
with my own investigations.  Since he was a Frenchman, I looked up a
French source, unfortunately not a very good one, but they claim he
became king in 1184, not 1189.  They do agree that his father died (of
chagrin) in 1189, so it's not clear why they say 1184.  Is this a
misprint, or did he abdicate?

Greg