Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:40:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Jason Porter <leporter@xmission.com>
Cc:        G Hasse <gh@raditex.se>, FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   KDE and KOFFICE [Was Re: StarOffice on FreeBSD]

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Jason Porter wrote:
> G Hasse wrote:
> | Where can I find info about how to run StarOffice 6.0
> | under Linux emulation on FreeBSD? -G=F6ran
> | G=F6ran Hasse            email: gh@raditex.se     Tel: 08-6949270
> | Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se
> | Sickla Alle 7, 1tr                              Mob: 070-5530148
> | 131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN
> - -Jason Porter
> "Real programmers are secure enough to write readable code, which they th=
en self-righteously refuse to explain."

> It's in the ports collection, or you could use OpenOffice, their the
> same codebase, StarOffice simply has some added code from Sun.

Speaking of OpenOffice (ack it's huge) and StarOffice (not freeware, yes?)

http://ftp.du.se/pub/mirrors/kde//stable/3.0/FreeBSD/

I successfully used the above URL (switch in ftp:// for the http://) in my
/stand/sysinstall but then I wasn't sure I wanted to pick and choose a
bunch of 15meg downloads, wait for them to get to my HDD, then not know
what to do with them... so could someone out there summarize how I may
upgrade from KDE 2.2.2 to 3.0.2?

After having just seen some gorgeous screenshots of KOffice... I WANT IT! :=
)

Cheers,

--
Peter Leftwich