Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 00:19:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
To:        coredump@nervosa.com (invalid opcode)
Cc:        jason@purcell.jlc.net, jking@mnsinc.com, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting a New ISP

> I highly recommend you DO NOT do that. If you want to retain your common
> carrier status and be protected by the law from CDA and OCAF, etc issues,

Just to be clear: ISP's don't have common carrier status to start with, it's
just that not filtering strengthens your argument that you're providing a
public forum and not publishing an edited collection.

--
Alan Batie                   ______      Freedom for me to be and do
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      only what *you* approve of

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.