Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:54:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 5.0 Developer Preview #2 Now Available

On 19-Nov-2002 Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> The FreeBSD Project is proud to announce the availability of the
> second Developer Preview snapshot of FreeBSD 5.0 (5.0-DP2).  This
> snapshot, intended for widespread testing purposes, is the latest
> milestone towards the eventual release of FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE,
> currently scheduled for mid-December 2002.

I'm happy to announce that the initial Alpha 5.0-DP2 bits are now
available on ftp-master and should be appearing on ftp mirrors
shortly.  These bits include the FTP install directory as well
as the mini and disc2 ISO images.  The Alpha packages for DP2 have
been built and should also be available relatively soon.  I hope
to have an install ISO image available in a couple of days.