Date:      Tue, 04 Jun 96 19:25:39 -0500
From:      "Mikel Lindsaar" <mikel@cynet.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help installing PHP-FI

G'Day all, it is my weekly howto question *8-}

I am going about installing PHP-FI for my Apache Web server...

Now, while installing PHP it complains that no -ldbm library was found..
so I wondered back the PHP site and downloaded gbm tar file, extracted it,
make'd it and installed, that seems to work fine.  Then tried again to
install php, and again it complained that there was no -ldbm library.. so
I deleted the config.cache files that php installs and tried again.. no
joy.

I then went into gdbm and looked around there... after a while of
frustration I found a message in gdbm that becasue some systems don't have
dbm librarys installed in the system, it doesn't perform some tests...
could this be my problem?

If so... how do I go about installing a -ldbm library on my FreeBSD
2.1.0-Release box (soon to be -stable when that tree stops swaying around
like a willow)?

Any pointers?

Thanks.

BTW... I am really thankful for the "community support" here in the
FreeBSD group... damn impressive!

Regards and Salutations,

Mikel

Mikel Lindsaar        |  "If the dream is big enough,
mikel@cynet.net.au    |        the facts don't count!"
(Under Construction)    http://www.cynet.net.au/~mikel/