Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:14:58 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New User's Handbook Part III

Ok folks,

After implementing most of your suggestions, and fixing a few errors
that were pointed out to me, I've rebuilt and uploaded the New User's
Handbook <http://soupnazi.org/~jim/FreeBSD/newuser-handbook/>.

There are a few things of note:

    o The content in Chapter 5 - About the Current Release
      <http://soupnazi.org/~jim/FreeBSD/newuser-handbook/c328.html>; is
      in need of updating.  If someone would like to go through it and
      do that, it would be very much appreciated.

    o The stylesheets aren't displaying anything in the
      <docinfo>...</docinfo> tags.  After the discussion about dating
      the documentation that occurred at the end of May on list, I
      decided to take one of Nik's suggestions and implement it when I
      started working on this.  The problem is, the stylesheets need to
      be tweaked in order to render it.  I have this on my todo list,
      but if someone with more stylesheet clue than myself wants to take
      it on, please do so.

I think that's about it.  Unless someone sees any blatant errors or
comes screaming that this shouldn't be committed, I'm going to do so
tomorrow morning.

- jim

--
/* jim mock - berkeley software design, inc - open source division */
/* documentation manager - jim@FreeBSD.org - jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com */