Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 1996 09:44:50 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        dima@FreeBSD.ORG (Dima Ruban)
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), ache@astral.msk.su, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kerberos @ freebsd.org?

> > We're running the Cygnus Kerberos, so I can't comment on ebones.
> > Looks like the same stuff...
>
> Is eBones compatible with KerberosIV? I mean, I have kerberos on
> some of my computers, and I've heard encryption (or something else) isn't
> compatible beetween kerberos and ebones. So, basically the question is:
> will I be able to use eBones/kerberos encryption if I go from
> kerberos machine to eBones server?

A couple of years ago when Geoff Rehmet and others ported Kerberos/eBones
it was tested against a known good Kerberos system.

I suppose now is the time to see if it still good. The DES library
used in freeBSD has been around for a while and is well respected,
even to the extent of being used in Kerberos5. (This is Eric Young's
DES library.)

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key