Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:34:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Colin <cwass99@home.com>
To:        "Donald R. Tyson" <tyson@stanfordalumni.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dufus.[...] daily run output -- summer time

     Had you booted the Win side first, then the FreeBSD side, you would have
seen FreeBSD trying to move the clock ahead "2" hours.  It knows it hasn't moved
the time ahead yet so it adds 1 hour to the current BIOS time, which had
already been moved ahead by the previous OS boot.
     You'll see this behaviour on any dual boot system.

On 03-Apr-00 Donald R. Tyson wrote:
> [cc: deleted]
>
> As a moderately humorous aside, when I booted the Windows
> side of my home machine on Sunday afternoon, it proudly
> informed me that it had adjusted for the time change, and
> then displayed a **2-hour** leap ahead.
>
> At least the 4.0-STABLE side, despite the error reported by
> several on this list, managed to get the time right.

cheers,
Colin